Difference between revisions of "Sandbox"
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
Testing, testing, 123.
Testing, testing, 123.
Revision as of 13:18, 26 September 2011
This is a reference to Colin McInnes' Solar Sailing.
- McInnes, Colin R. Solar Sailing. Springer-Praxis, Chichester, UK, 1999. BibTeX
<xfeeds feedlimit="3" totallimit="10"> http://wiki.solarsails.info/index.php?title=News&action=feed&feed=rss </xfeeds>
This is a test. Here's a URL: http://www.google.com
Here's another: http://www.space.com
This is a test.
Here's another external link: http://www.noaa.gov/
Testing, testing, 123.
- Coronavirus: Wuhan to shut public transport over outbreak
- Wuhan, a city of eleven million, is to temporarily shut public transport amid the outbreak.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 18:40:47 -0500)
- Impeachment: Democrats reject witness swap in Trump trial
- Joe Biden says he wants no part of "a farce or political theatre" in the Senate impeachment case.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 19:43:03 -0500)
- Harvey Weinstein trial: Defence hits back after graphic prosecution claims
- The ex-film mogul's defence rejects graphic prosecution statements, saying the charges will unravel.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 15:21:45 -0500)
- Jeff Bezos hack: UN experts demand probe of Saudi crown prince
- The UN experts' call comes amid reports Mohammed bin Salman's phone was used to hack the Amazon boss.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 15:48:46 -0500)
- US plans limits for 'emotional support' animals on flights
- Passengers have attempted to bring increasingly exotic animals on board flights.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 19:10:10 -0500)
- Jean-Paul Gaultier: Stars turn out for designer's final show
- French fashion designer Jean-Paul Gaultier ends a 50-year career with his last couture runway show.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 16:47:41 -0500)
- Pierre Nkurunziza: Burundi leader to get $530,000 and luxury villa
- MPs also backed a proposal for President Pierre Nkurunziza to become the country's "supreme leader".
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 12:55:41 -0500)
- Trump says he plans to expand US travel ban
- It would build upon an existing ban which bars entry for citizens of seven mostly Muslim countries.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 11:37:06 -0500)
- Luigi Di Maio: Italy populist steps down before key election
- Luigi Di Maio took the anti-establishment Five Star party into power after winning elections in 2018.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 14:53:00 -0500)
- Macron berates Israeli police at Jerusalem church
- French President Emmanuel Macron berates the security for not leaving a Jerusalem basilica.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 12:35:06 -0500)
- Smuggling arrests over transport of '10,000 Kurds' to UK
- The suspects allegedly took migrants from France to the UK in refrigerated lorries and rubber boats.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 13:20:45 -0500)
- Ghent Altarpiece: Lamb's 'alarmingly humanoid' face surprises art world
- A project to restore the Ghent Altarpiece, a 15th Century masterpiece, surprises art critics.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 12:07:52 -0500)
- Protester says she was paid to appear at Huawei hearing
- Others told media they were offered around C$100 to hold placard with slogans like "Free Ms Meng".
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 15:05:31 -0500)
- Three generations join Delhi women's citizenship sit-in
- Thousands of women are camping out in a Delhi suburb in protest over a law they see as anti-Muslim.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 19:30:19 -0500)
- Yad Vashem: Why Poland won't be attending Holocaust memorial
- Poland's president has snubbed an Israeli event to mark the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 19:16:21 -0500)
- Lions and tigers escape circus for vast new home
- Seventeen big cats rescued from Guatemalan circuses have moved to a South African wildlife sanctuary.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 19:36:55 -0500)
- Ivory Coast is using plastic waste to build schools
- The West African country has partnered with UNICEF to transform landfill waste into bricks for schools.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 19:32:42 -0500)
- Auschwitz: How death camp became centre of Nazi Holocaust
- It is 75 years since Soviet Union troops liberated Auschwitz - now marked as Holocaust Memorial Day.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 20:06:25 -0500)
- 'I have to live on $1,175 a year'
- Brazil's army of fruit workers speak of struggling with low pay and dangerous working conditions.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 19:16:29 -0500)
- Schiff makes case against Trump before he opens impeachment trial
- House impeachment manager Adam Schiff says he will lay out the timeline and facts behind the inquiry
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 15:02:55 -0500)
- Lebanon protesters angry over new government
- Demonstrators return to the streets saying Lebanon's new government does not meet their demands.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 16:10:14 -0500)
- Storm Gloria: Sea foam engulfs streets of Spanish town
- Marine foam brought ashore by Storm Gloria floods streets in Tossa de Mar.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 07:19:58 -0500)
- Australia fires: 'Incredible' signs of life return to burned bush
- Australia's bushfire crisis has crippled habitats, but in some places life is starting to return.
- (Tue, 21 Jan 2020 19:08:49 -0500)
- China coronavirus: What we know so far
- The BBC's online health editor explains what we know about the coronavirus.
- (Tue, 21 Jan 2020 19:02:36 -0500)
- Trump impeachment: What happened on day one?
- After nearly 13 hours of fierce debate, the US Senate adopts ground rules for the trial.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 05:46:26 -0500)
- How a boy from Vietnam became a slave on a UK cannabis farm
- Ba was a street child in Ho Chi Minh city. He ended up growing cannabis as a slave in the UK - until he escaped.
- (Mon, 20 Jan 2020 19:33:45 -0500)
- Zimbabwe doctors end strike after billionaire's offer
- The medics were off work for more than four months, paralysing the country's healthcare sector.
- (Wed, 22 Jan 2020 11:14:20 -0500)
- Pyjamas in public: Chinese city apologises for 'shaming' residents
- The local authority said it was trying to promote "civilised" behaviour - but later apologised.
- (Tue, 21 Jan 2020 04:55:44 -0500)
- Immune discovery 'may treat all cancer'
- Research is at an early stage but scientists said it had huge potential for destroying cancers.
- (Mon, 20 Jan 2020 12:18:29 -0500)
- Paternity leave: Why Japan is talking about Shinjiro Koizumi
- This politician is going on leave to take care of his newborn son, and it's pretty controversial.
- (Mon, 20 Jan 2020 19:22:05 -0500)
- People still want plastic bottles, says Coca-Cola
- The drinks giant says it will not ditch plastic outright but will try to recycle more.
- (Tue, 21 Jan 2020 17:12:59 -0500)