Difference between revisions of "Sandbox"
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
Testing, testing, 123.
Testing, testing, 123.
Revision as of 14:18, 26 September 2011
This is a reference to Colin McInnes' Solar Sailing.
- McInnes, Colin R. Solar Sailing. Springer-Praxis, Chichester, UK, 1999. BibTeX
<xfeeds feedlimit="3" totallimit="10"> http://wiki.solarsails.info/index.php?title=News&action=feed&feed=rss </xfeeds>
This is a test. Here's a URL: http://www.google.com
Here's another: http://www.space.com
This is a test.
Here's another external link: http://www.noaa.gov/
Testing, testing, 123.
- George Floyd: US capital braces for biggest demonstration yet
- Large crowds are expected to protest in Washington DC against racism and police brutality.
- (Sat, 06 Jun 2020 11:58:37 -0400)
- Coronavirus: WHO advises to wear masks in public areas
- The World Health Organization changes its guidance saying masks can help stop the spread of the virus.
- (Sat, 06 Jun 2020 06:58:15 -0400)
- George Floyd death: Australians defy virus in mass anti-racism rallies
- Protesters march in support of George Floyd and indigenous Australians despite coronavirus warnings.
- (Sat, 06 Jun 2020 07:10:20 -0400)
- Vatican arrest man over luxury property deal
- (Sat, 06 Jun 2020 09:41:06 -0400)
- Coronavirus: India overtakes Italy in cases amid easing of lockdown
- India passes Italy in confirmed cases, with hospitals struggling to cope with the rising infections.
- (Sat, 06 Jun 2020 01:40:24 -0400)
- Coronavirus: Is China bolder in the wake of the pandemic?
- As the rest of the world reels from the pandemic, China is pushing ahead with the pursuit of its national interest.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 19:16:50 -0400)
- NFL says players' protests during national anthem should be allowed
- The National Football League previously banned its players from dropping to one knee before games.
- (Sat, 06 Jun 2020 04:38:05 -0400)
- Arctic Circle oil spill: Russian prosecutors order checks at permafrost sites
- Russian prosecutors order checks at sensitive installations built on permafrost after a huge oil spill.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 14:13:15 -0400)
- Al-Qaeda chief in north Africa Abdelmalek Droukdel killed - France
- Veteran jihadist Abdelmalek Droukdel was killed in an operation in Mali, the defence minister says.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 18:09:09 -0400)
- Joe Biden formally wins Democratic nomination to take on Trump
- Joe Biden passes the 1,991 delegate threshold and will take on Donald Trump for the presidency.
- (Sat, 06 Jun 2020 04:40:06 -0400)
- Trump 'approves plan' to cut US troops in Germany
- The US president reportedly wants to reduce the number by 9,500, or more than a quarter.
- (Sat, 06 Jun 2020 10:35:56 -0400)
- This is not the last pandemic
- Pandemic hunting scientists warn of a 'perfect storm' for new diseases to emerge from wildlife.
- (Sat, 06 Jun 2020 08:27:53 -0400)
- George Floyd: 'Years later, we're still dealing with the same thing'
- As widespread protests sweep the country, people describe what they hope will make them more significant.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 18:52:08 -0400)
- The influencers trampling nature - and the man who's trying to stop them
- Fed up with eco-oblivious influencers, some people have started naming and shaming.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 19:22:09 -0400)
- Week in pictures: 30 May - 5 June 2020
- A selection of news photographs taken around the world this week.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 20:01:23 -0400)
- On patrol with Kenya's locust hunters
- Kenya faces a race against time to tackle the swarms as the end of the insects' breeding season clashes with harvests.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 20:03:43 -0400)
- George Floyd death: China takes a victory lap over US protests
- China is hitting back at the US for supporting Hong Kong pro-democracy demonstrations last year.
- (Thu, 04 Jun 2020 20:12:29 -0400)
- #WeAreTired: Nigerian women speak out over wave of violence
- Thousands sign a petition and use the hashtag #WeAreTired to protest against recent rapes and killings.
- (Thu, 04 Jun 2020 19:25:48 -0400)
- Quiz of the Week: What did the crew name their spaceship?
- How closely have you been paying attention to what's been going on during the past seven days?
- (Thu, 04 Jun 2020 19:36:28 -0400)
- Africa's week in pictures: 29 May - 4 June 2020
- A selection of the week's best photos from across the continent and beyond.
- (Thu, 04 Jun 2020 19:21:16 -0400)
- 'My brothers on Europe's last death row'
- Any day now two men may be executed in Europe's only country that still has the death penalty.
- (Wed, 03 Jun 2020 19:40:34 -0400)
- Coronavirus: Hunting for future killer viruses
- Scientists are gathering data on how new diseases emerge in the hope of identifying future pandemics.
- (Sat, 06 Jun 2020 07:14:08 -0400)
- George Floyd death: Australians rally against mistreatment of Aboriginal people
- Tens of thousands have been protesting across the country in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
- (Sat, 06 Jun 2020 05:57:42 -0400)
- President Trump: 'This is a great thing' for George Floyd
- Donald Trump was talking about the latest unemployment figures when he made the comment.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 14:48:58 -0400)
- NY Governor Cuomo: 'How did we get to this place?'
- Mr Cuomo shared a video from Buffalo in which Martin Gugino, 75, is pushed to the ground by police.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 15:04:51 -0400)
- Washington Monument struck by lightning
- Lighting storms struck Washington DC as the city was under a flash flood warning.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 17:35:50 -0400)
- George Floyd: Fake White House image and protest videos debunked
- Debunking some of the most widely shared misleading posts and videos about the George Floyd protests.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 19:19:17 -0400)
- George Floyd: US children explain why they are protesting
- People of all ages are demonstrating, including kids who say "you can't judge a book by its colour".
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 18:12:48 -0400)
- Indigenous deaths in custody: Why Australians are seizing on US protests
- The US riots have focused Australian attention on alarming numbers of Aboriginal deaths in custody.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 11:15:33 -0400)
- Defiant DC mayor names plaza 'Black Lives Matter'
- The movement's name has also been painted onto the thoroughfare leading to the White House.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 16:36:19 -0400)
- George Floyd: Five pieces of context to understand the protests
- All the background that helps explain why these protests are happening, and why now.
- (Thu, 04 Jun 2020 19:24:18 -0400)
- George Floyd: How the USA's history has shaped today's police brutality
- The BBC's Clive Myrie looks at the toxic combination of racism and inadequate police training.
- (Thu, 04 Jun 2020 19:00:25 -0400)
- George Floyd: Steve McQueen dedicates Cannes films to his memory
- The 12 Years a Slave Oscar-winner has two movies in the festival's 2020 Official Selection.
- (Thu, 04 Jun 2020 11:18:31 -0400)
- Rev Al Sharpton delivers eulogy at Floyd memorial
- George Floyd's story 'has been the story of black folks', Rev Sharpton tells the crowd at the memorial.
- (Thu, 04 Jun 2020 17:07:46 -0400)
- George Floyd protests timeline
- Key events following the death of George Floyd in the US city of Minneapolis.
- (Thu, 04 Jun 2020 10:32:59 -0400)
- Viewpoint: US must confront its Original Sin to move forward
- Neglect of the past and belief in progress has left many unaware of the scope of US racial tensions.
- (Wed, 03 Jun 2020 16:07:43 -0400)
- Curtis Hayes: Man behind the protest plea that moved America
- In a viral speech, Curtis Hayes implored two generations of demonstrator to "find a better way".
- (Wed, 03 Jun 2020 20:44:02 -0400)
- George Floyd death: The man who sheltered 80 US protesters
- Hundreds of people found themselves trapped by police - until Rahul Dubey flung open his doors.
- (Tue, 02 Jun 2020 21:46:39 -0400)
- Yearning for sound of tourists in Alps again
- The hills come alive again with the noise of mountain railways and cable cars.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 19:17:25 -0400)
- How Bill Gates became the voodoo doll of Covid conspiracies
- The ex-Microsoft head is currently the target of all kinds of outlandish theories and false claims.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 19:12:58 -0400)
- Safaris go virtual as coronavirus hits tourism
- The people can't go to the animals, but some companies are finding ways to bring them into homes.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 19:11:46 -0400)
- Samoan rugby team that set off 104 days ago still not home
- While waiting for flights to resume, 20 players shared a single room in Auckland for three months.
- (Fri, 05 Jun 2020 00:07:23 -0400)
- Coronavirus: Rumours, fear and rising Covid deaths in Pakistan
- Doctors face stretched resources and tensions raised by conspiracy theories as the lockdown is eased.
- (Thu, 04 Jun 2020 19:05:55 -0400)
- Can I start a new relationship? And other questions
- Starting a new relationship is difficult during the current crisis, but not impossible.
- (Thu, 04 Jun 2020 02:38:31 -0400)
- Enjoying lockdown: 'Not having anything in my diary was a blessing in disguise'
- For people whose diaries are usually full, the quarantine period has made them reassess their priorities.
- (Tue, 02 Jun 2020 19:12:34 -0400)