This website contains information on solar sailing, an old idea but a new technology for moving around and doing things in space. Solar sails are very large and lightweight mirrors that are pushed through space by sunlight. Traditionally, spacecraft have used rockets or thrusters, which propel material in one direction to travel in the other. To learn more, take a look through the sections listed below.
If you are interested in contributing to SolarSailWiki, contact an administrator.
- August 2, 2008 NanoSail-D launch was lost Kimbal Musk's blog
- July 31, 2008 Science@NASA: A Brief History of Solar Sails
- June 27, 2008: NanoSail-D mission to be launched on or about July 29th.
- June 23, 2008: The Planetary Society Solar Sail Update
- March 18, 2008: Sir Arthur Charles Clarke passes away.